(Last Updated July 7th, 2005)
Information Collection and Use
Celluline receives a variety of "personally identifiable information," including your email address, IP address, and message content. Celluline.ca and celluline.ca also collects names and mailing addresses (including street, city, state, and zip code) from users providing the information. We use this personally identifiable information as follows:
- We collect your email address when you register with Celluline to report a problem, register for Celluline membership or register for our newsletter.
- Celluline also requires that you provide your email address on the contact us section of the Site so that we are able to respond to your question(s) by email. You have the option of also providing information regarding your name, demographics (such as your state and country of residency), operating system, browser, Internet service provider ("ISP"), connection type and email program that you are using.
- Celluline.ca and and celluline.ca also automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP Address and the page you requested. Your IP address is not linked to your email address or Celluline.
Celluline.ca and celluline.ca uses your email address for the following purposes:
- to contact you about the Celluline.ca and celluline.ca Services or the Site.
- to notify you when you receive a Celluline.ca and celluline.ca email message.
- to communicate with you concerning problems or malfunctions you report.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Celluline.ca will not sell or rent your email address, name, mailing address, or other supplied information to anyone. Celluline.ca and celluline.ca will not share your email address, first or last name, mailing address, or other received information to anyone, except as stated below:
We may disclose personally identifiable information about you as legally required in order for us to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal processes.
When your Web browser or email application requests a Web page from another computer on the Internet, it automatically gives that computer the address where the requested information should be sent. This is called your computer's "IP address." (IP stands for "Internet protocol.") For most users accessing the Internet from a dial-up ISP, the IP address may be different every time you log on.
Information Collection and Use Practices
Celluline receives your IP address each time you view a Web page from the Site. Your IP address is not linked to your email address or any other personally identifiable information.
Your IP address may be used to estimate the total number of users visiting the Site from specific locales, countries or regions of the world.
When a Web page on the Site is requested, that request (including the date and time) is logged on our servers with information including the IP address of the computer that requested the page.
We use log files for debugging and troubleshooting purposes. IP addresses and access times are not linked to your email address or any other personally identifiable information.
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your browser from a Web site's computers and then stored on your computer's hard drive. A cookie cannot obtain information from your hard drive, destroy files, or transmit viruses.
Each Web site can send its own cookie to your browser, if your browser's preferences allow it. To protect your privacy, your browser normally only permits a Web site to access cookies that it has previously sent to you, but not the cookies sent to you by other sites.
Choices About Cookies
- You can normally configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set. (Each browser is different, so check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.)
- If you reject all cookies, you will still be able to use the Celluline Services.
- Cookies are used only as an option selected by you that allows us to recall your email address from the cookie that we sent to your computer.
Links To Other Web Sites From Our Site
The Site may contain: (1) links to other Web sites; or (2) banner ads provided by other Web sites. In the event that a banner ad is provided by a third-party advertiser, it is possible that the third-party advertiser may attempt to store a cookie on your computer's hard drive. For information on your browser preference options, see "Choices about Cookies" above.
- All Celluline account information (including names, mailing addresses) and content of email messages are stored on multiple redundant disk storage systems. No removable offline copies or backups are made.
- If you request deletion of your email address or any other identifiable information, your information will be deactivated and removed from our user registration database within 15 days.